£45,000 - £55,000 a year
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Applications Manager to join Third Dimension based in Bristol, with potential promotion to Head of Applications in 2020.
Third Dimension is the leader in the field of non-contact dimensional measuring equipment used principally in the aerospace and automotive industries worldwide and sold through an international network of distributors.
We are now looking for an Applications Manager to join our fast-growing customer and engineering support team. This is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and organised individual with experience in training, applications and software support, product installations and team leadership. This is a supporting role to our worldwide distributor network and key customers, reporting to the Head of Operations. Up to 50% of your time will involve UK and international travel.
The ideal candidate will be organised, adaptable, thorough and capable of managing and prioritising new product development, internal improvement and customer site support activities. We’re looking for someone with the capability to grow and progress within the business and potentially step into a Head of Applications role in the near future.
- Manage day to day operations of the department, including scheduling and prioritising work and correct use of systems
- Develop and manage product training for internal staff and external distributors and end customers
- Line manager responsibility for staff within the department
- Ownership of the departmental budget
- Ownership of the departmental KPIs
- Support the Engineering, Sales and wider Operations team where necessary
- Experience in the aerospace and/or automotive manufacturing industry
- Excellent customer facing skills, by telephone, email and in person
- Ability to perform under pressure in an autonomous and team environment
- Innovative problem solving and incident management skills
- Previous knowledge of metrology based applications
- Knowledge of testing quality standards and process control
- Experience of leading a team, scheduling and prioritising activities
Experience of process Improvement and testing quality standards DESIRABLE
- At least 4 years application support experience, preferably in a field based role
- Lean Six Sigma certification
- Experience of delivering technical training in an international environment
- Graduate Level or equivalent professional qualifications in Engineering
- Foreign language skills are beneficial
- Knowledge of popular industrial manufacturing control platforms (e.g. Siemens controllers)
- A salary of £45,000 - £55,000 per annum depending on experience
- Eligibility for the company bonus scheme
- Pensions - 5% employer pension contributions
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, rising to 27.5 days after 5 years' service
- Childcare vouchers - non-taxable and NI exempt vouchers for working parents
- Health insurance and bike to work scheme
- Share option scheme & profit share scheme
- Flexible working hours
If you are looking for an interesting and varied job where you can use your skills to make a real difference, we look forward to hearing from you! Please submit your CV online, together with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please also specify the vacancy reference number when applying - V1904
In this exciting new role, you’ll be refining and developing our Salesforce based intranet and extranet business systems in order to improve access, usability and features. You’ll work within our software engineering team, initially on minor fixes and improvements, later widening to include design responsibility for new applications and capabilities. As this will be our first full time / dedicated salesforce development position, you’ll be central to the creation of an important new area within the team.