An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Application Engineer to join Third Dimension based in Bristol.
Third Dimension is the leader in the field of non-contact dimensional measuring equipment used principally in the aerospace and automotive industries worldwide, and sold through and international network of distributors.
We are now looking for an Application Engineer to join our fast growing customer and engineering support team. This is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated application engineer with strong customer facing skills and an adaptable approach to work.
This is a supporting role to our worldwide distributor network and key customers, reporting to the Chief Sales & Marketing Officer. The main tasks are providing technical traning, supporting product installations, solving technical challenges, and supporting the sales team where necessary. This role will involve regular UK and international travel.
The job is based in Bristol, UK, recently voted the best place to live in Britain in 2017.
- Experience in the aerospace and/or automotive manufacturing industry
- Excellent customer facing skills, by telephone, email and in person
- Ability to perform under pressure in an autonomous and team environment
- Innovative problem solving and incident management skills
- Knowledge of PC & Embedded hardware, Windows Systems, Microsoft Office, and TCP/IP networking
- Ability to read & interpret Engineering documentation & Engineering Drawings
- At least 2 years application support experience, preferably in a field based role
- Lean Six Sigma certification
- Experience of delivering technical training in an international environment
- Previous knowledge of metrology based applications
- Foreign language skills are beneficial
- Graduate Level or equivalent professional qualifications in Engineering
- A salary of £28,000 - £42,000 per annum depending on experience
- Eligibility for the company bonus scheme
- Pensions - 5% employer pension contributions
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, rising to 27 days after 5 years' service
- Childcare vouchers - non-taxable and NI exempt vouchers for working parents
- Healthshield health insurance and bike to work scheme
- Share option scheme & profit share scheme
- Flexible working hours
If you are looking for an interesting and varied job where you can use your skills to make a real difference, we look forward to hearing from you! Please submit your CV online, together with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please also specify the vacancy reference number when applying - V1812.