Do you enjoy being part of a highly respected team of experts, called upon to solve challenges faced around the world? Are you at your best when understanding the technical needs of clients and creating solutions which translate to better, safer, more reliable products?
Precision, safety and quality within aerospace, automotive and the energy sectors worldwide have an enormous impact on our lives. Third Dimension are a world leader in our sector, and we underpin increasing standards through the development and manufacture of non-contact, precision profile measurement solutions.
As an Applications Engineer you will be providing technical expertise on product, both internally and externally, travel worldwide on a regular basis to facilitate delivery of key customer projects, identify and test new product applications and identify areas for product improvement.
- Planning projects to meet customer needs.
- Providing product and application support for customers both off-site and on-site
- Offering continued support for Sales Team
- Test and create reports for technical applications
- Launch new products to distributors, clients and sales teams by giving presentations, demonstrations and tests
- Plan, design, develop and deliver trainings on existing products
- Control preparation, management and fixing of demonstration equipment for Sales team
- Develop, update and disseminate technical guides and tips in order to increase the knowledge and skill level of the sales force via company intranet and/or electronic newsletters
- May need to assist salespeople with on-site presentations to customers, as and when needed
- Proactively identify areas to improve department operation efficiency and initiate projects to achieve such improvements
- Handling IT related issues and other duties or projects, as and when assigned
- Develop, proof-read and modify all new product release materials such as product literature, technical and sales manual, training manual through coordination with the parent company
- Attending and supporting marketing exhibitions
What you will bring to the role:
- Graduate level or equivalent professional qualification in Engineering
- Metrology experience
- Excellent presentation & customer facing skills
- Enthusiasm and willingness to travel
- Experience of CAD and using C# or MatLab is desirable
What we offer in return:
- A competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to develop your career
- A happy, healthy working environment and a great group of people to work with
- Flexible working around core hours and the opportunity to work from home for part of the week.
If you are looking for an interesting and varied job where you can use your skills to make a real difference, we look forward to hearing from you!
We respect and value everyone’s contribution. Third Dimension is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to providing an environment that supports and encourages the many skills, interests and backgrounds and experiences that people from different social groups can bring. We strive to provide a workplace which is free from discrimination, harassment and bullying, and where everyone is treated with respect and dignity.