Senior Electronics Engineer – Come and innovate in Portable Optical Metrology
We are currently seeking a Senior Electronics Engineer to join our team. Third Dimension are World leading manufacturers of hand-held GapGun® and automated Vectro®, non-contact precision feature measurement tools. We design and sell non-contact, laser profile measurement systems for gap and flush, radius, edge breaks, seals and more. Established in 1995, we have a long and reputable track record of supplying product to the largest names in aerospace, automotive and energy sectors worldwide.
As a Senior Electronics Engineer, reporting to the Chief Engineer, you will primarily be responsible for the electronic system design aspects of our devices as we continue to develop and expand our product portfolio. You will collaborate closely with multi-disciplinary teams to define hardware/software interface requirements integral to our novel metrology solutions.
We offer a competitive salary, hybrid working (Filton, Bristol, UK), and a range of benefits including health insurance, health cash plan, death in service, and of course matched pension contributions.
The company values are to keep things simple, work together, and achieve excellence. Join us in realising our vision to lead dimensional metrology innovation, transforming the manufacturing industry.
- Design, develop, and test electronics systems for the non-contact metrology systems, including schematic capture, HDI PCB technologies, and battery technologies
- Actively collaborate with the software team to define the hardware/software interfaces of the system
- Contribute to all stages of the product lifecycle, aiding in problem solving, testing, and documentation
- Utilise your understanding of electronics to enhance device functionality and efficiency
- Regularly interact with the research and development team, contributing to innovative improvements
- Work with other engineers to ensure the system design meets customer requirements
- A Bachelor’s degree in Electronics Engineering or related field
- A minimum of 5 years professional experience in electronic system design, including PCB CAD (e.g. OrCAD)
- In-depth understanding of hardware/software interface requirements
- Familiarity with basic mechanical design and CAD software applications (e.g. Solidworks)
- Working knowledge of optical components, including lasers and digital camera technology
- Strong problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and ability to maintain the confidentiality and integrity of the design process
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Experience in applicable regulations (incl. FCC/FCA)
- Experience in product compliance testing (incl. EMC, IP testing)
- Experience in battery management systems and power electronics
- Experience with embedded systems and firmware development
- Experience with FPGAs designed and programmed via VHDL/Verilog
- Experience in metrology systems and associated standards (e.g. UKAS 17025)
- Experience in optical component design & development, including lens and lasers