Software Manager – Come and innovate in Portable Optical Metrology
We are seeking an experienced and talented Software Manager with a passion for developing high-performance, reliable software solutions. You will be responsible for leading the software team in the design, development, and maintenance of the software products associated with our novel Portable Optical Metrology device. The software portfolio currently includes applications (C++) running on our handheld device (WEC7 or Linux), and desktop/cross platform applications (C#).
As the Software Manager, reporting to the Chief Engineer, you will be responsible for overseeing the team’s software development activities, mentoring team members, and ensuring the software meets the needs of the customer. You will be a creative problem solver and have the ability to think outside of the box. The ideal candidate will have experience in software design and architecture, including the use of standardised or novel protocols for integrating into a broader system.
We offer a competitive salary, hybrid working (Filton, Bristol, UK), and a range of benefits including health insurance, health cash plan, death in service, and of course matched pension contributions.
The company values are to keep things simple, work together, and achieve excellence.
- Manage the development, testing, and maintenance of all software related projects.
- Lead the software team in the design, development, and quality assurance of software across different languages and platforms.
- Lead the software team in system engineering and software architecture, including designing the overall system structure and developing the technical requirements.
- Monitor the progress of software development projects and ensure deadlines are met.
- Provide support to other software team members when needed.
- Mentor team members to ensure their development and growth.
- Ensure software meets customer needs and requirements.
- Develop and implement software development best practices.
- Degree level or equivalent in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field.
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- Extensive experience with C++ and/or C#
- Experience in software design and architecture.
- Ability to work in a team environment and lead a small team of <6 individuals.
- Excellent communication, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
- Experience in the development and application of algorithms and numerical techniques in efficient manipulation and analysis of large amounts of data
- Experience or knowledge of image processing techniques
- Experience with embedded devices on a Linux platform
- Experience with portable, networked products
- Experience in user interface design