Do you enjoy being part of a highly respected team of experts, called upon to solve challenges faced around the world? Are you at your best when understanding the technical needs of clients and creating solutions which translate to better, safer, more reliable products?
Precision, safety and quality within aerospace, automotive and the energy sectors worldwide have an enormous impact on our lives. Third Dimension are a world leader in our sector, and we underpin increasing standards through the development and manufacture of non-contact, precision profile measurement solutions.
- Porting application code onto Linux platform, tool-chain and cross-compiler configuration
- Develop application software for new features and bugfix in existing code
- Make minor changes to Board Support Package for product specific hardware to provide additional functionality
- Software design and implementation on embedded devices
- Code review
What you will bring to the role:
- Strong Linux development background
- Good C/C++ experience
- Experience in embedded software development
- In depth knowledge of software development processes, revision control and change configuration management
- Degree level or equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics
- You will be a self-starter who is happy to work in a small team environment as well as autonomously and drive projects forward
What we offer in return:
- A competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to develop your career
- A happy, healthy working environment and a great group of people to work with
- Flexible working around core hours and the opportunity to work from home for part of the week.
If you are looking for an interesting and varied job where you can use your skills to make a real difference, we look forward to hearing from you!
We respect and value everyone’s contribution. Third Dimension is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to providing an environment that supports and encourages the many skills, interests and backgrounds and experiences that people from different social groups can bring. We strive to provide a workplace which is free from discrimination, harassment and bullying, and where everyone is treated with respect and dignity.